TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AT YOUR OWN PERIL.
Yes, I am mad. Thank you for asking.
I have a hundred serious art projects planned, an art trade, more Garrity. And what do I do instead? A musical poster illustration of a Les Misérables fanfic that I sorta kinda promised someone somewhere.
[Only, ONLY in the Les Mis fandom can you get as hilarious a crossover as Reanimated Dead Vs. .... what did Tory call it again? Brokeback Insurrection
Props go to Marguerite for writing A Difference of Understanding
, and for the title suggestion. The full list of unused titles, by Marguerite and Pie, are:
- L'aube de l'ABC? (Dawn of the ABC/Abaisse... I mean, can't get any more abased than zombies, can you?)
- Afternoon of the Living Dead: Attack on the Pantheon?
- Songs of Angry Men: Undead Edition?
- Tomorrow Comes (with the subheading, 'The music of a people... who just want brains'?
- Lost in the Valley of the Night (It's up to Enjolras to make the songs of angry men ring out across France!)?
- One Day Later (No backwards death scenes on barricades, but just as much violin music)?
- Dead Up-Rising (Against the Government)?
- Rebel Without a Pulse? (That one I nicked off of a video game, though)
- Ou la Morte? (Because during the Terror, it was liberte, egalite, fraternite, ou la mort)....
- At the End of All Days
- I Screamed a Scream
- Who Was I?
- Lamarque is Undead
- In My Afterlife
Somewhere, Victor Hugo is turning in his grave.
Brown colour pencil version here: [link]
If you don't know where Jean Prouvaire's hideously anachronistic clothing are from, you probably shouldn't ask. A poet who, in fanon, writes violent poetry with startlingly high body count, and drinks alcohol out of skulls, is probably best observed from afar.